Stress results from our hectic modern lifestyles and our often difficult and demanding work situations. Excess stress is one of the most common reasons for seeking professional stress management and counselling support.
You probably already know if you have too much stress in your life. However, these common symptoms may confirm things for you and allow you to “take stock” of your situation:
- Problems Sleeping
- Sore back/shoulders or sharp muscular aches and pains
- You get irritated easily and may be angry with those you love.
- You find it difficult to concentrate
- Skin disorders appear
- You are over-tired but equally may have problems sleeping
- You feel depressed or fed-up about your situation
- You have changes in appetite
- Headaches are common
- Elevated blood pressure
What is Stress Management Counselling & Psychotherapy?
We will be able to help you to identify, explore and resolve the origin of your stress. This includes past experiences, work and family pressures. We are able to work with you to help you to select behaviours which you can control yet which are currently unhelpful as they maintain your negative feelings of being pressured. We will work with you to help you to develop more helpful patterns and, coupled with proven stress-reduction techniques this will allow you have an improved quality of life.
Benefits of Stress Therapy
Your therapist or counsellor will work with you to develop ways of doing and thinking, which you can employ to react differently to situations.
We will help you to:
- Identify trigger points and/or situations making you stressed.
- Use tailor-made strategies to combat your stress.
- Explore your feelings, thoughts and behaviours which contribute to your stress.
- Learn the techniques to combat your reactions that will help you now and in the future.
- Improve your ability to manage pressure situations.
“Stress is not what happens to us. It’s our response to what happens. And response is something we can choose. “
Another powerful thought to reflect upon: “If you cannot control the cause of your stress, worrying about it is probably unhelpful to you”.
What is the Next Step?
At Reflexions Counselling and Psychotherapy not only can we can provide you with a confidential environment to discuss the issues that are causing you stress but we can help you to put in place methods to reduce and sort out your stress reaction. Come along, reduce those feelings of pressure and be more effective and efficient.
Please contact us:
Or phone: 0191 5805080
Martha Davies, The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook. (2008)
Into the 6th edition of this well respected book. Some good information and self-help in here.